- NO CALIBRATION REQUIRED FOR STREET MAF HOUSING
- RACE MAF-SPECIFIC CALIBRATION IS REQUIRED FOR RACE MAF HOUSING
- RACE MAF BASEMAP CALIBRATIONS AVAILABLE IN BOTH HONDATA & KTUNER
- TWO STEP PERFORMANCE "TSP" & PHEARABLE CALIBRATIONS COMPATIBLE BY SELECTING "RACE MAF" OPTION
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY CVT COOLER (SPAIN, TURKEY, ETC)
There’s a reason our Cobra Cold Air Intake Systems is a constant topic of discussion and so highly regarded. Our CNC machined billet aluminum MAF Housing was designed to provide *factory-spec fuel trims (-4% of factory STFT & LTFT) for optimal drivability and performance. The Cobra CAI utilizes a 4" volume from the air filter into the MAF Housing and is available with two different MAF housing choices; a Street housing and a Race housing. Both housings utilizes the factory MAF sensor, but feature two different diameters and profiles. As mentioned above, the Street housing is designed to provide factory-spec fuel trims WITHOUT any tuning whatsoever. The Race housing allows a 50% larger volume of air in comparison to the Street housing, which is why a tune IS required. This larger volume of airflow reduces pumping loss and creates an unrestricted air path to feed the MAF housing with ambient temperature air.
Customers can switch between MAF housings without having to buy another intake system by purchasing our MAF Housing Conversion Kit
Customers can convert to a Short Ram Intake with our Short Ram Intake Conversion Kit
- 15 horsepower and 12 ft/lb torque gains in comparison to stock with Street MAF housing WITHOUT TUNE - Read More Here!
- 20 horsepower and 15 ft/lb torque gains in comparison to stock with Race MAF housing WITH Race MAF basemap calibration on Hondata and/or KTuner – Read More Here!
- Larger gains to be seen at higher power levels with custom tuning
- Billet Aluminum MAF Housing (Anodized Black)
- PRL Motorsports High Flow Oiled Cone Air Filter
- (1) 4-Ply Upper Silicone Intake Hose (Race or Street)
- (1) 6-Ply Lower Silicone Intake Hose
- HDPE Rotomolded Lower Intake Tube
- (4) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamps
- Stainless Steel Mounting Brackets
- Stainless Steel Hardware
SILICONE IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN BLACK – UPPER HOSE IS DIFFERENT THAN OUR “STAGE 1” SILICONE
Above is a graph of the long term fuel trims with the stock intake w/ air box and factory ECU mapping, or in other words a bone-stock car.
Here is a graph of the long term fuel trims again with, but with our cold air intake (Street MAF) and factory ECU mapping.
This is another long term fuel trim graph, but with our cold air intake (Street MAF) and +6psi Hondata off-the-shelf map.
Notice how consistent and similar all of the LTFT graphs are. Each graph is within -4 LTFT.
Above is a graph of the short term fuel trims with stock intake w/ air box and factory ECU mapping (stock car).
Here is a short term fuel trim graph with our cold air intake (Street MAF) and factory ECU mapping.
This is another graph of the short term fuel trims with our cold air intake (Street MAF) and +6psi Hondata off-the-shelf map.
All of the STFT graphs display identical curves and consistency.